dirtyhoes

Idiosyncratic veg growing in the vicar's garden AND in an allotment in the village. A "how not to" guide...

Monday, March 20, 2006

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned...

I have a confession to make. I've not been to the garden for weeks. Partly it's the weather's fault, although we seem to have missed much of the snow that's hit others in the UK. Partly it's because of work, in particular netball training sessions on afternoons when I used to be free. Mostly, though, I think it's because we're still in stasis mode: all that can be dug is dug, and there's no hoeing as the weeds haven't grown as it's still too cold. At work, Julia keeps me updated on the sprouty-seedlings' performance, but even they have been sluggish to get going - she keeps digging up the broad beans to see what they're doing, but there's little sign of life yet. Apparently the tomatoes are pushing their way out of the soil, though, and Rob's chili plants are growing great guns. I can't wait for it to be warmer. Pah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home